Pat Brown is a Member of Nexsen Pruet, PLLC law firm in Charlotte, N.C. and practices in the areas of public finance, commercial finance, commercial real estate and general corporate law.
Mr. Brown has over twenty five years of experience representing corporate lenders, investment banks, borrowers, and farm credit banks and associations in structuring and negotiating complex financial transactions. His areas of concentration include:
- Representing national and regional banks in commercial and corporate lending activities.
- Representing Agricultural Credit Associations and Farm Credit Banks in Rural America Bond financings.
- Serving as bond counsel for municipalities and universities in issuing tax-exempt bonds.
- Representing national and regional investment banking firms in general obligation and revenue bond financings.
- Representing lenders and borrower in financings for alternative energy and biofuels facilities.
Mr. Brown has significant experience in a variety of tax-exempt and taxable bond financings for municipalities, owners of low-income housing projects and industrial facilities. He also represents small to medium sized companies in their ongoing business activities and in mergers and acquisitions.
Originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Mr. Brown graduated from Western State Colorado University, and earned his law degree from The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. While in law school, Mr. Brown was an Associate Editor for the Catholic University Law Review. Prior to joining Nexsen Pruet, Mr. Brown was a partner with the law firm of Kutak Rock in Washington, D.C.